The Falcon dates back to 1554 and is situated in the centre of the beautiful Cotswold village of Painswick.
Painswick is a town and parish in Gloucestershire. Originally the town grew on the wool trade, but it is now best known for its parish church's yew trees and the local Rococo Garden.
The town is mainly constructed of locally quarried Cotswold stone. Many of the buildings feature south-facing attic rooms once used as weavers' workshops.
Geographically Painswick is situated on a hill in the Stroud district, overlooking one of the Five Valleys. Its narrow streets and traditional architecture make it the epitome of the English village.